The department has been organized in 1930.
At the time 6 professors, includіng five doctors of medical sciences are on the department.
The department has three anatomical museums, computer class and scientific lab.
Much attention is paid to the scientific and educational work.
65 students are members of the Scientific Student Society (SSS).
Member of the department`s SSS Arystanbek Merey won the international forum “Youth in Science” — 2009